Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Bolt on Gen V Dodge Viper spanks a PP-Performance tuned Mercedes Benz CLS63 AMG

The vast majority of videos we see involving PP-Performance tuned cars have them easily beating up on other cars. You rarely see the other side likely due to the videos themselves being marketing exercises. Well, for once that is not the case and this CLS63 AMG bites off more than it can chew against a Gen V Dodge Viper on the highway.

Click here to enlarge

This video is from the Middle East (UAE specifically) and has the customary Middle Eastern HD Potato video quality. This has been stated many times but we still do not understand how so many $100k+ modded cars can go out race only to be recorded by the worst quality filming equipment money can by.

The mods on the Viper are Belanger catless headers, straight pipes, an under drive pulley, and an HP Tuners based tune. The CLS63 AMG is a rear wheel drive pre-facelift model with PP-Performance M157 tuning said to put it at 780 horsepower.

It gets spanked. Hard.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn those bolt on vipers r damn fast! PP performance always seems suspect to me..

Haha @the customary potato video quality...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5soko Click here to enlarge
    Damn those bolt on vipers r damn fast! PP performance always seems suspect to me..

Haha @the customary potato video quality...
    Funny you mention it as the 'owner' contacted me demanding I remove the article. He said his car is 'only' at 700 hp and on the stock turbos.

I never said it wasn't on the stock turbos and I'd expect it to be considering the outcome. Regardless, it's a bolt on Viper taking down a tuned M157 on the highway.

Wonder why these guys get so butthurt when a race is shown of one of their cars losing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ha, that is too funny. You have to have some serious image concerns if you can't accept a loss on the highway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm sorry , was that a race ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
    Based on the outcome not really.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Based on the outcome not really.
    You need to stop taking shots at PPPerformance and the UAE. It doesnt make you look good

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You need to stop taking shots at PPPerformance and the UAE. It doesnt make you look good
    You need to stop recording races with potatoes.

Click here to enlarge

Who is taking shots? Oh no a Viper beat a PP-P tuned car. Is it necessary to start making excuses? Do you know how much PP-P content I've promoted? Am I only supposed to show their cars winning? How insecure are you people?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe the driver of the E63 decided to film a 1/2 throttle run from 100-200 km/h while, coincidentally, a Viper next to him decided to make a full throttle run at the same time?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
    Maybe the driver of the E63 decided to film a 1/2 throttle run from 100-200 km/h while, coincidentally, a Viper next to him decided to make a full throttle run at the same time?
    The hazards at the end of course were flashing to make the CLS63 aware of slowing traffic ahead.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

You need to stop recording races with potatoes.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im.../3bpGOL2-1.jpg

Who is taking shots? Oh no a Viper beat a PP-P tuned car. Is it necessary to start making excuses? Do you know how much PP-P content I've promoted? Am I only supposed to show their cars winning? How insecure are you people?
    i don't have a problem losing , but all your recent articles are a set of bashes to PPP. Calm down bro. We all know you can never run against them , we all know what will happen.
    @Jacob502 wanted to organize an event for you via PPP. I even saw him taking to them in the UAE about you and they were willing to put up an event with you.

Why don't you come and see how quick these cars REALLY are!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i don't have a problem losing , but all your recent articles are a set of bashes to PPP. Calm down bro. We all know you can never run against them , we all know what will happen.
    I think all we know that would happen is the video quality of any race would make it difficult to see anything happen at all.

wanted to organize an event for you via PPP. I even saw him taking to them in the UAE about you and they were willing to put up an event with you.

Why don't you come and see how quick these cars REALLY are!
    I think you're overly sensitive and have some personal issues. I honestly don't spend my time thinking about PP-P or focusing on the UAE. I focus on automotive performance and highlight inconsistencies when I see them in the interest of fair play.

The UAE and the Middle East is not on my vacation list.

If I wanted to see fast cars, they are all here and not there. Rather than waste time trying to get me to the Middle East for some insane grudge match you've created to divert attention from the real issues feel free to bring your car out here or send any PP-P cars to the Texas Mile or any of the big roll on events.

Then you can see what quick cars really look like.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I think all we know that would happen is the video quality of any race would make it difficult to see anything happen at all.

I think you're overly sensitive and have some personal issues. I honestly don't spend my time thinking about PP-P or focusing on the UAE. I focus on automotive performance and highlight inconsistencies when I see them in the interest of fair play.

The UAE and the Middle East is not on my vacation list.

If I wanted to see fast cars, they are all here and not there. Rather than waste time trying to get me to the Middle East for some insane grudge match you've created to divert attention from the real issues feel free to bring your car out here or send any PP-P cars to the Texas Mile or any of the big roll on events.

ahahhahah. You reallu need to calm down ًdude.

i have no personal issues

although I did enjoy seeing you blow your transmission like an Ametuer at the drag strip . Lol

EPIC FAIL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    although I did enjoy seeing you blow your transmission like an Ametuer at the drag strip . Lol

EPIC FAIL.
    If you weren't an amateur you would know what you saw was my line lock not releasing pressure. I never blew any transmission I used up clutch discs. Clutches are not a lifetime component. They experience wear.

I am proud of you trying to make things personal yet again. Do you know what an ad hominem argument is?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you weren't an amateur you would know what you saw was my line lock not releasing pressure. I never blew any transmission I used up clutch discs. Clutches are not a lifetime component. They experience wear.

I am proud of you trying to make things personal yet again. Do you know what an ad hominem argument is?
    like I said. It's not personal

youtr making it personal by continuing to negative rep me lol. I mean it's just a discussion , what's the big deal seriously ???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    like I said. It's not personal

youtr making it personal by continuing to negative rep me lol. I mean it's just a discussion , what's the big deal seriously ???
    If I negative repped you trust me you'd know it and you wouldn't be able to speak for quite a while.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If I negative repped you trust me you'd know it and you wouldn't be able to speak for quite a while.
    Ahahahh. I do know. You've done it to me many times. I'm expecting it to come soon.

Anyway, that's enough. Got to go, Friday night baby

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ahahahh. I do know. You've done it to me many times. I'm expecting it to come soon.

Anyway, that's enough. Got to go, Friday night baby
    Look man, if I wanted to somehow insult your or silence you or whatever I would have done it.

I enjoy speaking with enthusiasts all over the world. All this thread happens to be is a race.

PP-P has nothing to do with the video quality that is more of a running joke. Do you not admit the video quality is poor? It is. So we are laughing about it.

The said, I put up all races no matter what company wins or loses and I hope you respect that. I think that's why you come here.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for all our enthusiasts and only seek to promote the truth and information.

Enjoy your Friday. I'll be working here to make this an even better place.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Look man, if I wanted to somehow insult your or silence you or whatever I would have done it.

I enjoy speaking with enthusiasts all over the world. All this thread happens to be is a race.

PP-P has nothing to do with the video quality that is more of a running joke. Do you not admit the video quality is poor? It is. So we are laughing about it.

The said, I put up all races no matter what company wins or loses and I hope you respect that. I think that's why you come here.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for all our enthusiasts and only seek to promote the truth and information.

Enjoy your Friday. I'll be working here to make this an even better place.
    understood. No harm done. Enjoy your weekend bro

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

^ THIS. Hahahahaha love it

Will never happen. These guys are all too afraid of any independent verification, or straight-up racing competition. They can all keep living their fantasy in their hot little sandy bubble. Pretty much nobody who's at all an enthusiast or serious about the community cares anymore about Middle East times.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The race should have been more even. The pp cars are supposedly getting trap speeds from their bpu upgrades that other tuners need compressor upgrades to equal ~135mph. Bolton vipers trap around the same speed... The way the viper pulled it makes me think this was a cls63 with no tune....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hipressr Click here to enlarge
    The race should have been more even. The pp cars are supposedly getting trap speeds from their bpu upgrades that other tuners need compressor upgrades to equal ~135mph. Bolton vipers trap around the same speed... The way the viper pulled it makes me think this was a cls63 with no tune....
    You underestimate how fast a bolt on Viper is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You underestimate how fast a bolt on Viper is.
    You underestimate how fast a modded cls63 is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hipressr Click here to enlarge
    You underestimate how fast a modded cls63 is.
    It's not like I own BenzBoost or anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast